Monday, June 1, 2009

Welcome Mitchell James Richens!

This weekend was full of surprises! We went to the zoo on Saturday for a fun day with Aiden before the baby came and I went into labor! The contractions did not start to be too intense until after we were done at the zoo and we stopped at the Habitat for Humanity store. After that, I was pretty sure it was going to happen, despite the fact it was the one night I did NOT want to have the baby. Why is that? Because Asa and I were celebrating our six year anniversary the next day and I did not want to have the baby on that date. Well, I guess God had different plans. I labored at the house until around 7:30 pm and Asa and I left for the hospital after we said good-night to Aiden. My mom stayed to put Aiden to bed. Asa and I ran into a DUI checkpoint on the wasy to the hospital and we were able to make it fairly quickly through after Asa enplained his wife was in labor. We got to the hospital around 8:30pm and I was admitted at 5 cm dialated. Dad and Patty were called to come up and we called Dominick to come be with Aiden so my mom could come be there for the birth. Nicole is in Germany and was greatly missed. Everyone made it to the hospital in time - mom made it while I was pushing! Despite all effort to have the baby on the 30th, Mitchell James Richens was born on May 31, 2009 at 12:32 am. He weighed 8 pounds, 5 ounces and was 20 inches long. Dad, Patty, mom, and Asa were all present at the birth. I was only at the hospital for 4 hours before Mitchell made his debut, so it was a quick labor and delivery. Aiden met his little brother the next day and was shy at first, but after about 30 minutes he told us that it was his baby and was giving Mitchell lots of kisses. He is very gentle with his little brother, but still a little jealous of all the attention. We came home today and are all tired, but feeling elated! We have been blessed with a beautiful baby boy! Below are some pictures of our last few days.




1 comment:

  1. More pictures are available at our webshots page - http://community.webshots.com/album/572775480ZjJRpl?vhost=community

    ReplyDelete